Elaborate medical arrangements made for Kanwar yatra
Ghaziabad: A slew of medical measures were announced on Friday by the district administration here for the annual `Kanwar yatra`.
"Many doctors have been put on shift duties and will work for 24 hours to cater to the needs of the pilgrims," Dr Ajay Agarwal, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Ghaziabad said.
The officer said that apart from setting camps in the area, the district hospitals will have doctors in the emergency ward for 24 hours.
Besides, special doctors will be available on call duty. Doctors are also ordered not to leave the premises even on holidays, Agarwal said.
The medical officer stated that two ambulances filled with medicines and other equipments will be stationed along the route of the yatra.
A team comprising of a doctor, pharmacist and other officers will be stationed inside the ambulance for 24 hours.
Ambulances will be stationed in all the hospitals for transporting the ailing patients and to help them get temporary treatment.
The CMO also noted that apart from the district hospitals, all the private and government hospitals are being asked to reserve special wards of 10 beds each for the pilgrims.
Apart from the above mentioned arrangements, a team of doctors will be posted at Meerut road Tiraha, Shambu Dayal college, Dudeshwarnath temple and Muradnagar Kanwar Marg for 24 hours, the CMO said.
There will be continuous fogging on the route of the yatra and the roadside camps are ordered to make special arrangements for the visiting pilgrims, he said.
Thousands of devotees from Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi, Faridabad and Gurgaon are expected to pass from Meerut road Tiraha in the city as part of the annual pilgrimage this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof