Elaborate medical arrangements made for Kanwar yatra
Ghaziabad: A slew of medical measures were announced on Friday by the district administration here for the annual `Kanwar yatra`.
"Many doctors have been put on shift duties and will work for 24 hours to cater to the needs of the pilgrims," Dr Ajay Agarwal, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Ghaziabad said.
The officer said that apart from setting camps in the area, the district hospitals will have doctors in the emergency ward for 24 hours.
Besides, special doctors will be available on call duty. Doctors are also ordered not to leave the premises even on holidays, Agarwal said.
The medical officer stated that two ambulances filled with medicines and other equipments will be stationed along the route of the yatra.
A team comprising of a doctor, pharmacist and other officers will be stationed inside the ambulance for 24 hours.
Ambulances will be stationed in all the hospitals for transporting the ailing patients and to help them get temporary treatment.
The CMO also noted that apart from the district hospitals, all the private and government hospitals are being asked to reserve special wards of 10 beds each for the pilgrims.
Apart from the above mentioned arrangements, a team of doctors will be posted at Meerut road Tiraha, Shambu Dayal college, Dudeshwarnath temple and Muradnagar Kanwar Marg for 24 hours, the CMO said.
There will be continuous fogging on the route of the yatra and the roadside camps are ordered to make special arrangements for the visiting pilgrims, he said.
Thousands of devotees from Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi, Faridabad and Gurgaon are expected to pass from Meerut road Tiraha in the city as part of the annual pilgrimage this month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know