Election Commission calls all-party meeting
New Delhi: The Election Commission has called an all-party meeting on October 4 to discuss issues related to use of money and muscle power in elections and criminalisation of politics.
Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi said the commission has invited leaders of all the political parties for the meeting on October 4. The meeting will be held in two parts. In the morning, discussion will be done with leaders of national parties and in the evening, state level leaders will come for the meeting.
The meeting is likely to discuss issues related to use of money power during elections, criminalisation of politics and paid news. Matters related to use of EVMs will also be discussed.
Quraishi had said while announcing the schedule of programmes of Bihar Assembly Elections that "We are preparing to call an all party meeting... it will be held soon. The use of money and muscle power during elections, criminalisation of politics and paid news will be discussed among other issues.
"The issue of paid news should be seen in the context of use of money power in the elections. The commission has formed certain guidelines which will be applied in upcoming elections in Bihar."
According to the survey done by Association for Democratic Reforms and National Election Watch, the cases of murder, kidnapping among others have been registered against more than 100 MLAs of Bihar Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!