Election panel calls all-party meeting today
New Delhi: An all-party meeting convened by the Election Commission Monday is to discuss issues like paid news, increasing trend of money and muscle power in elections, and criminalisation of politics.
The Election Commission will hold discussions with the leaders of all national parties and regional parties in two separate meetings, the official source said.
The leaders are also expected to discuss the issues related to use of Electronic Voting Machines.
Chief Election Commissioner S.Y. Quraishi said Sep 26 the leaders of all political parties have been invited for the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement