Elections for new BJP president on January 23
New Delhi: Election to the post of BJP President will be held here on January 23.
In a notification, the party said nomination papers will be filed on the same day (January 23) from 10 am to 11.30 am and scrutiny will be held from 11.30 am to 12 noon.
A date for election will be declared, in case of contest, after withdrawal of nomination between 12 noon and 12.30 pm, the party said in a release.
In the absence of any contest, the elected candidate will be declared at 12.30 pm on January 23 itself.
Sources said incumbent Nitin Gadkari is likely to file his nomination papers on January 23 and get elected unopposed if no other nomination is received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP