Elections for new BJP president on January 23
New Delhi: Election to the post of BJP President will be held here on January 23.
In a notification, the party said nomination papers will be filed on the same day (January 23) from 10 am to 11.30 am and scrutiny will be held from 11.30 am to 12 noon.
A date for election will be declared, in case of contest, after withdrawal of nomination between 12 noon and 12.30 pm, the party said in a release.
In the absence of any contest, the elected candidate will be declared at 12.30 pm on January 23 itself.
Sources said incumbent Nitin Gadkari is likely to file his nomination papers on January 23 and get elected unopposed if no other nomination is received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok