Eleven Indian fishermen arrested by Pak
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have arrested eleven Indian fishermen and seized their two boats for allegedly violating the country`s maritime boundary, officials sai on sunday.
The fishermen were arrested by the Maritime Security Agency while they were allegedly fishing in Pakistani waters, the officials said.
They were later sent to a police station in the southern port city of Karachi.
Pakistan and India arrest dozens of fishermen every year for violating the maritime boundary.
Though the two countries have accelerated the process of releasing jailed fishermen, scores continue to be held in prisons in both countries.
On September 11, Pakistan freed 48 Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love