Eleven Indian fishermen arrested by Pak
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have arrested eleven Indian fishermen and seized their two boats for allegedly violating the country`s maritime boundary, officials sai on sunday.
The fishermen were arrested by the Maritime Security Agency while they were allegedly fishing in Pakistani waters, the officials said.
They were later sent to a police station in the southern port city of Karachi.
Pakistan and India arrest dozens of fishermen every year for violating the maritime boundary.
Though the two countries have accelerated the process of releasing jailed fishermen, scores continue to be held in prisons in both countries.
On September 11, Pakistan freed 48 Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!