Eleven Indian fishermen arrested by Pak
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have arrested eleven Indian fishermen and seized their two boats for allegedly violating the country`s maritime boundary, officials sai on sunday.
The fishermen were arrested by the Maritime Security Agency while they were allegedly fishing in Pakistani waters, the officials said.
They were later sent to a police station in the southern port city of Karachi.
Pakistan and India arrest dozens of fishermen every year for violating the maritime boundary.
Though the two countries have accelerated the process of releasing jailed fishermen, scores continue to be held in prisons in both countries.
On September 11, Pakistan freed 48 Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy