Eleven Indian fishermen arrested by Pak
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have arrested eleven Indian fishermen and seized their two boats for allegedly violating the country`s maritime boundary, officials sai on sunday.
The fishermen were arrested by the Maritime Security Agency while they were allegedly fishing in Pakistani waters, the officials said.
They were later sent to a police station in the southern port city of Karachi.
Pakistan and India arrest dozens of fishermen every year for violating the maritime boundary.
Though the two countries have accelerated the process of releasing jailed fishermen, scores continue to be held in prisons in both countries.
On September 11, Pakistan freed 48 Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video