Eleventh day of Parl impasse over coal allocation issue
New Delhi: Parliament was disrupted for the eleventh day Wednesday following uproar over coal block allocation as BJP stuck to its demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon after opposition triggered ruckus on the issue. Members of the DMK AIADMK, CPI and Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) were in the Well raising the Sri Lanka issue.
DMK members were opposing the training of Sri Lankan armed forces at an airbase in India, while AIADMK and VCK members protested the forthcoming visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa to Madhya Pradesh.
In the Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar took up the Question Hour after congratulating Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda for winning a silver medal in the Paralympic Games in the Men`s High Jump event in London.
After cheering Nagarajegowda, the opposition members were back to criticising the Prime Minister over the coal block allocation.
As the din continued, the Speaker adjourned the Lok Sabha till noon.
In Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari made a brief reference to the birth anniversary of the first Chairman of the Upper House and former President S Radhakrishnan.
It was chaos soon after with BJP members shouting slogans demanding resignation of the Prime Minister.
Ansari took up the first listed question but as the BJP members were unrelenting and moved to the aisle shouting slogans, he adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28