Eleventh day of Parl impasse over coal allocation issue
New Delhi: Parliament was disrupted for the eleventh day Wednesday following uproar over coal block allocation as BJP stuck to its demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon after opposition triggered ruckus on the issue. Members of the DMK AIADMK, CPI and Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) were in the Well raising the Sri Lanka issue.
DMK members were opposing the training of Sri Lankan armed forces at an airbase in India, while AIADMK and VCK members protested the forthcoming visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa to Madhya Pradesh.
In the Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar took up the Question Hour after congratulating Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda for winning a silver medal in the Paralympic Games in the Men`s High Jump event in London.
After cheering Nagarajegowda, the opposition members were back to criticising the Prime Minister over the coal block allocation.
As the din continued, the Speaker adjourned the Lok Sabha till noon.
In Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari made a brief reference to the birth anniversary of the first Chairman of the Upper House and former President S Radhakrishnan.
It was chaos soon after with BJP members shouting slogans demanding resignation of the Prime Minister.
Ansari took up the first listed question but as the BJP members were unrelenting and moved to the aisle shouting slogans, he adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read