Eleventh day of Parl impasse over coal allocation issue
New Delhi: Parliament was disrupted for the eleventh day Wednesday following uproar over coal block allocation as BJP stuck to its demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon after opposition triggered ruckus on the issue. Members of the DMK AIADMK, CPI and Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) were in the Well raising the Sri Lanka issue.
DMK members were opposing the training of Sri Lankan armed forces at an airbase in India, while AIADMK and VCK members protested the forthcoming visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa to Madhya Pradesh.
In the Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar took up the Question Hour after congratulating Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda for winning a silver medal in the Paralympic Games in the Men`s High Jump event in London.
After cheering Nagarajegowda, the opposition members were back to criticising the Prime Minister over the coal block allocation.
As the din continued, the Speaker adjourned the Lok Sabha till noon.
In Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari made a brief reference to the birth anniversary of the first Chairman of the Upper House and former President S Radhakrishnan.
It was chaos soon after with BJP members shouting slogans demanding resignation of the Prime Minister.
Ansari took up the first listed question but as the BJP members were unrelenting and moved to the aisle shouting slogans, he adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir