Embattled Pawan Kumar Bansal seeks divine intervention
New Delhi: Facing difficult times, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Friday sought divine intervention by conducting a `pooja` at his official residence before going to office after a day`s gap.
Bansal, who has been in the eye of a storm following the arrest of his nephew on bribery charges, held prayers at his official residence to which a goat was brought for feeding. His wife Madhu also attended the prayers.
The Minister then went to his office in Rail Bhavan after the `pooja`.
Speculation is rife that Bansal could be dropped in the wake of reports that his kin and other associates also were benefitted by getting loans when he was Minister of State of Finance.
Bansal had yesterday remained confined to his Ashoka Road residence and did not even attend office, with sources close to him saying he was not well.
CBI is probing allegations that Rs 90 lakh were paid to Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla by Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his appointment as Member (Electrical).
Bansal has denied any wrongdoing by him claiming that he has no business links with Singla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle