Embattled Pawan Kumar Bansal seeks divine intervention
New Delhi: Facing difficult times, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Friday sought divine intervention by conducting a `pooja` at his official residence before going to office after a day`s gap.
Bansal, who has been in the eye of a storm following the arrest of his nephew on bribery charges, held prayers at his official residence to which a goat was brought for feeding. His wife Madhu also attended the prayers.
The Minister then went to his office in Rail Bhavan after the `pooja`.
Speculation is rife that Bansal could be dropped in the wake of reports that his kin and other associates also were benefitted by getting loans when he was Minister of State of Finance.
Bansal had yesterday remained confined to his Ashoka Road residence and did not even attend office, with sources close to him saying he was not well.
CBI is probing allegations that Rs 90 lakh were paid to Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla by Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his appointment as Member (Electrical).
Bansal has denied any wrongdoing by him claiming that he has no business links with Singla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan