Embattled Pawan Kumar Bansal seeks divine intervention
New Delhi: Facing difficult times, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Friday sought divine intervention by conducting a `pooja` at his official residence before going to office after a day`s gap.
Bansal, who has been in the eye of a storm following the arrest of his nephew on bribery charges, held prayers at his official residence to which a goat was brought for feeding. His wife Madhu also attended the prayers.
The Minister then went to his office in Rail Bhavan after the `pooja`.
Speculation is rife that Bansal could be dropped in the wake of reports that his kin and other associates also were benefitted by getting loans when he was Minister of State of Finance.
Bansal had yesterday remained confined to his Ashoka Road residence and did not even attend office, with sources close to him saying he was not well.
CBI is probing allegations that Rs 90 lakh were paid to Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla by Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar for his appointment as Member (Electrical).
Bansal has denied any wrongdoing by him claiming that he has no business links with Singla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room