Emergency meeting of DMK executive underway
Chennai: An emergency meeting of the executive of UPA`s key ally DMK is underway here monday to discuss ways to counter the AIADMK government`s move to slap cases against its leaders.
Ever since the Jayalalithaa government stormed to power in May 2011, several DMK leaders and former Ministers, besides sitting MLAs, have been facing the heat with land grab and disproportionate assets cases filed against them.
DMK has maintained that many cases were foisted ones. Cases were recently slapped against former Minsters K Ponmudy and K N Nehru. Karunanidhi`s grandson Dayanidhi Alagiri is also in the dock over alleged illegal granite mining scam in Madurai.
The party had earlier conducted a series of protests on the issue.
Monday`s meeting, chaired by party chief M Karunanidhi, was attended among others by his sons Union minister M K Alagiri and M K Stalin.
Karunanidhi had on Sunday sought to scotch speculation that the Executive would also discuss a possible cabinet reshuffle with its quota of two portfolios remaining vacant, saying it would not nominate anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL