Emergency meeting of DMK executive underway
Chennai: An emergency meeting of the executive of UPA`s key ally DMK is underway here monday to discuss ways to counter the AIADMK government`s move to slap cases against its leaders.
Ever since the Jayalalithaa government stormed to power in May 2011, several DMK leaders and former Ministers, besides sitting MLAs, have been facing the heat with land grab and disproportionate assets cases filed against them.
DMK has maintained that many cases were foisted ones. Cases were recently slapped against former Minsters K Ponmudy and K N Nehru. Karunanidhi`s grandson Dayanidhi Alagiri is also in the dock over alleged illegal granite mining scam in Madurai.
The party had earlier conducted a series of protests on the issue.
Monday`s meeting, chaired by party chief M Karunanidhi, was attended among others by his sons Union minister M K Alagiri and M K Stalin.
Karunanidhi had on Sunday sought to scotch speculation that the Executive would also discuss a possible cabinet reshuffle with its quota of two portfolios remaining vacant, saying it would not nominate anyone.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan