Eminent Indian economist Rakesh Mohan joins Yale faculty
Washington, March 12: One of the most distinguished
Indian economist Rakesh Mohan has been appointed as a faculty
at the prestigious Yale University joining the ranks of Tony
Blair, the former British prime minister; Ernesto Zedillo, the
former Mexico president and Rajendra Pachauri.
Mohan has been appointed as the Professor in the
Practice of International Economics and Finance in the Yale
School of Management, and as Senior Fellow in the Jackson
Institute for Global Affairs at Yale University; Yale
University President Richard C Levin said in a statement
Until recently, the Deputy Governor of the Reserve
Bank of India, Mohan`s appointment will begin on July 1, 2010.
"Rakesh Mohan has been among India`s most
distinguished economists and admirably served the Reserve Bank
of India and the central banking community during a period of
unprecedented growth and challenges," Levin said.
"I am pleased that Professor Mohan will bring his
experience and knowledge to his teaching at Yale in training
of the next generation of economists and international
leaders," he said.
"I am honored to return to Yale this time on its
faculty ? because it was at Yale forty years ago as an
undergraduate that I began my studies in economics. I have
long admired the caliber and the talent of Yale`s students and
faculty, and I am very much looking forward to again being
part of this extraordinary scholarly community," Mohan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore