Emirates flight suffers air pocket fall, 20 injured
Kochi: A Kochi-bound Emirates aircraft from Dubai, which experienced a major air turbulence prior to descent leading to injuries to 20 people, has been grounded and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation has launched a probe into the incident.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, DGCA Nazim Zaidi told PTI.
"DGCA is carrying out air safety investigation. The aircraft will leave the country only after it is certified," he said.
There were 350 passengers on board the flight besides 14 crew.
Zaidi said officials have started recording the statements of injured, cabin crew and pilots as part of investigations into the incident.
The Boeing aircraft encountered `heavy turbulence` this morning injuring about 20 people.
In a statement here, the airlines said the flight EK530 `encountered a short period of Heavy Turbulence prior to descent into India`, causing minor injuries to about 20 persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands