Emirates flight suffers air pocket fall, 20 injured
Kochi: A Kochi-bound Emirates aircraft from Dubai, which experienced a major air turbulence prior to descent leading to injuries to 20 people, has been grounded and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation has launched a probe into the incident.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, DGCA Nazim Zaidi told PTI.
"DGCA is carrying out air safety investigation. The aircraft will leave the country only after it is certified," he said.
There were 350 passengers on board the flight besides 14 crew.
Zaidi said officials have started recording the statements of injured, cabin crew and pilots as part of investigations into the incident.
The Boeing aircraft encountered `heavy turbulence` this morning injuring about 20 people.
In a statement here, the airlines said the flight EK530 `encountered a short period of Heavy Turbulence prior to descent into India`, causing minor injuries to about 20 persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Motorola Moto G4 Plus review: Watch video
- Boney Kapoor to meet Salman Khan to discuss dates for 'No Entry' sequel
- ISRO's first ever 'Made-in-India' space shuttle all set for launch tomorrow!
- Don't think BCCI president post is a crown of thorns: Sourav Ganguly
- Shraddha Kapoor happy to be replaced by Alia Bhatt in ‘Aashiqui 3’?