Emirates flight suffers air pocket fall, 20 injured
Kochi: A Kochi-bound Emirates aircraft from Dubai, which experienced a major air turbulence prior to descent leading to injuries to 20 people, has been grounded and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation has launched a probe into the incident.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, DGCA Nazim Zaidi told PTI.
"DGCA is carrying out air safety investigation. The aircraft will leave the country only after it is certified," he said.
There were 350 passengers on board the flight besides 14 crew.
Zaidi said officials have started recording the statements of injured, cabin crew and pilots as part of investigations into the incident.
The Boeing aircraft encountered `heavy turbulence` this morning injuring about 20 people.
In a statement here, the airlines said the flight EK530 `encountered a short period of Heavy Turbulence prior to descent into India`, causing minor injuries to about 20 persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?