Encroachments into no man`s land on Indo-Nepal border
Maharajganj (UP): A number of Nepalese
citizens have encroached into the no man`s land on the porous
Indo-Nepal border, an SSB official said here on Saturday.
They have been constructing houses and carrying on
farming while a market has also come up on the Nepalese side
of the no man`s land near Behrahwa, Shashashtra Seema Bal
official Lalit Kumar said.
The SSB personnel, after a spot verification, found that
encroachment was on from that side of the border and has
informed the Nepalese authorities about it.
The matter was discussed at a high-level coordination
committee meeting held in Sonauli border.
Nepalese authorities have assured their Indian
counterparts that a joint survey would be conducted and action
taken to remove the encroachments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional