Ending terror is requisite for resuming dialogue: PC
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Thursday made it clear that Pakistan`s action against terror
infrastructure is a requisite for resuming dialogue, that has
been suspended after the Mumbai attacks.
"You are distorting his answer," he told reporters here
when referred to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement in
Srinagar earlier in the day that there was "no pre-condition"
for resuming dialogue with Pakistan.
"He (PM) said this is not the pre-condition, that is not
saying no pre-condition," Chidambaram said while interpreting
Singh`s reply to a question at a press conference.
The Home Minister remarked that the Prime Minister
implied that "no progress will take place unless you
(Pakistan) stamp out terror."
The Prime Minister, he said, "has made it very clear
that Pakistan must dismantle terror infrastructure if Pakistan
wanted to engage in talks and accepting progress in the
Singh, while winding up his two-day visit to Kashmir
earlier in the day, said "it (dismantling terror
infrastructure by Pakistan) is not a pre-condition. But
there is a practical way of looking at (things). Negotiations
can`t make headway unless Pakistan brings under effective
control these terror groups."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan