Enemies are not always outside: Khurshid
New Delhi: Law Minister Salman Khurshid
on Wednesday backed Home Minister P Chidambaram`s statement that
cross-border outfits were not the only source of terror
attacks in India.
"I don`t think the Home Minister has intended to restrict
home-grown terror to any particular religious group. It is a
very profound and sound statement. We should not always be
looking for enemies outside. It is much worse to have an enemy
within," Khurshid told reporters here.
In an interview to BBC, Chidambaram had said "we can no
longer point to cross-border terrorism as a source of terror
attacks in India."
Khurshid said if someone from within questioned the
safety and security of the country, "it is much worse."
"I support his statement. I stand by him".
Khurshid was asked how he, as the Minister for Minority
Affairs, felt about Chidambaram`s statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming