`Energy bill of Rashtrapati Bhavan, 7, RCR, Par over Rs 16 cr`
New Delhi: Rashtrapati Bhavan, 7, RCR and
Parliament complex have together incurred energy bills to the
tune of over Rs 16 crore in the last fiscal, which is
Rs two crore more than their consumption charges for 2008-09.
"The combined electricity bill amount of the Rashtrapati
Bhavan, Parliament complex and the Prime Minister`s official
residence is over Rs 16.33 crore," Chetan Kothari, an RTI
Kothari, who is from Mumbai, had sought information
regarding the units of electricity consumed and the amount of
money spent towards electricity bills for the past four years.
As per the reply, the annual electricity bill of the
prime minister`s residence for 2007-2008 was over Rs 1 crore,
followed by Rs 1.27 crore in 2008-2009 and Rs 1.15 crore in
The electricity bill of the Rahtrapati Bhavan in
2007-2008 stood at Rs 6.30 crore followed by Rs 6.88 crore in
2008-2009 and Rs 6.67 crore in 2009-2010. The Bill related to
the Rashtrapati Bhavan includes that of the President`s
"It is comparatively half of what has been the cumulative
bills of the last two years," Kothari said.
The Parliament incurred an electricity bill of Rs 6.25
crore during 2008 followed by Rs 8.5 crore in 2009, revealed
the RTI reply.
Kothari had also sought information regarding the annual
electricity bill of the Supreme Court and said, "This too has
run into crores. It was Rs 2.43 crore in the year 2007, and Rs
2.47 crore in the year 2008 and Rs 2.18 crore in the year
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures