`Energy bill of Rashtrapati Bhavan, 7, RCR, Par over Rs 16 cr`
New Delhi: Rashtrapati Bhavan, 7, RCR and
Parliament complex have together incurred energy bills to the
tune of over Rs 16 crore in the last fiscal, which is
Rs two crore more than their consumption charges for 2008-09.
"The combined electricity bill amount of the Rashtrapati
Bhavan, Parliament complex and the Prime Minister`s official
residence is over Rs 16.33 crore," Chetan Kothari, an RTI
Kothari, who is from Mumbai, had sought information
regarding the units of electricity consumed and the amount of
money spent towards electricity bills for the past four years.
As per the reply, the annual electricity bill of the
prime minister`s residence for 2007-2008 was over Rs 1 crore,
followed by Rs 1.27 crore in 2008-2009 and Rs 1.15 crore in
The electricity bill of the Rahtrapati Bhavan in
2007-2008 stood at Rs 6.30 crore followed by Rs 6.88 crore in
2008-2009 and Rs 6.67 crore in 2009-2010. The Bill related to
the Rashtrapati Bhavan includes that of the President`s
"It is comparatively half of what has been the cumulative
bills of the last two years," Kothari said.
The Parliament incurred an electricity bill of Rs 6.25
crore during 2008 followed by Rs 8.5 crore in 2009, revealed
the RTI reply.
Kothari had also sought information regarding the annual
electricity bill of the Supreme Court and said, "This too has
run into crores. It was Rs 2.43 crore in the year 2007, and Rs
2.47 crore in the year 2008 and Rs 2.18 crore in the year
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy