Engine of Shramshakti Express derails
Kanpur: The engine of the Shramshakti Express derailed Saturday morning in a yard near Kanpur station, disrupting train traffic on the Jhansi-Banda route.
No passenger was injured in the derailment.
The incident took place at 6 am when the train was coming to Kanpur from Delhi and halted at Juhi Yard just near the main station.
As soon as the train started from Juhi Yard, the engine of the train derailed. However, as the train was moving at a slow speed, no passenger was injured, Sandeep Mathur, Chief PRO, North Central Railway, said.
All the passengers disembarked at the Juhi Yard itself as it was close to the main station.
Though the Delhi-Howrah route has not been affected by the derailment, the Jhansi-Banda route has been disrupted.
Work is on to restore traffic on this route, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New leaked iPhone 7 images show large cameras
- HILARIOUS: Virender Sehwag wishes former Daredevils team-mate Kevin Pietersen Happy Birthday in funny style!
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' transformation is truly commendable! Pics inside
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to meet industry chambers, CAs on black money window
- Lionel Messi retires: List of other Argentine footballers who have followed their captain into retirement