Engine of Shramshakti Express derails
Kanpur: The engine of the Shramshakti Express derailed Saturday morning in a yard near Kanpur station, disrupting train traffic on the Jhansi-Banda route.
No passenger was injured in the derailment.
The incident took place at 6 am when the train was coming to Kanpur from Delhi and halted at Juhi Yard just near the main station.
As soon as the train started from Juhi Yard, the engine of the train derailed. However, as the train was moving at a slow speed, no passenger was injured, Sandeep Mathur, Chief PRO, North Central Railway, said.
All the passengers disembarked at the Juhi Yard itself as it was close to the main station.
Though the Delhi-Howrah route has not been affected by the derailment, the Jhansi-Banda route has been disrupted.
Work is on to restore traffic on this route, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'