Engine of Shramshakti Express derails
Kanpur: The engine of the Shramshakti Express derailed Saturday morning in a yard near Kanpur station, disrupting train traffic on the Jhansi-Banda route.
No passenger was injured in the derailment.
The incident took place at 6 am when the train was coming to Kanpur from Delhi and halted at Juhi Yard just near the main station.
As soon as the train started from Juhi Yard, the engine of the train derailed. However, as the train was moving at a slow speed, no passenger was injured, Sandeep Mathur, Chief PRO, North Central Railway, said.
All the passengers disembarked at the Juhi Yard itself as it was close to the main station.
Though the Delhi-Howrah route has not been affected by the derailment, the Jhansi-Banda route has been disrupted.
Work is on to restore traffic on this route, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you