Engineering student`s death: Murder case against 5
Ghaziabad: Two days after an engineering
student was found dead in his college campus under mysterious
circumstances, a case of murder and ragging has been
registered against four senior students and a college
Based on a written complaint of the father of the
deceased boy, police registered a case under Section 147
(punishment for rioting), 302 (punishment for murder), 120 B
(punishment for criminal conspiracy) of IPC and under the Anti-Ragging Act against a college official and four students,
police circle officer Anil Panday said Wednesday.
19-year-old Abhishek Sahai fell to his death from the
roof of the hostel of S R M Institute of Engineering and
Management in Modi Nagar, 20 kms from here, on Sunday.
Though the college administration said Sahai was
depressed from some days, his family has alleged that he was
ragged by seniors and the incident could be linked to that.
Sahai`s family members said he had earlier sent an SMS
to one of his friends saying that he was being ragged. Sahai
joined the institute a week ago.
Abhishek father`s Udai Kant alleged, "My son was
killed by the campus officers and senior students and he was
thrown from the roof top".
He demanded that the college vice chancellor be
SRM administrative officer Vishwanathan has ordered
the closure of the institute for an indefinite period.
The institute was also in the news last year when one
of its student died in hospital allegedly due to negligence of
the college officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie