Enlist Bakerwali dog as endangered species: Gujjar
Jammu: Expressing apprehension that Bakerwali
shepherd dog of Jammu and Kashmir may become extinct, Gujjars
on Sunday sought its enlistment as country`s most endangered
The Bakerwali shepherd dogs working with the tribes to
protect their livestock from wild animals for centuries, will
become a history, if timely steps were not taken for its
protection by Union Ministry of Environment and Forests and
the state government, Tribal Research and Cultural Foundation
Secretary Javaid Rahi said here today.
At a programme held here on "Tribal and Livestock issues"
organised by Tribal Foundation, speakers urged the state and
central governments to start a special programme to save the
Rahi has written to Union Minister for Environment and
Forests Jayanthi Natarajan in this regard and demanded that
the Bakerwali dogs be included in the list of protected
species of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!