Enough is enough: President on communal violence
New Delhi: Asserting that inter-religious and communal violence is "insanity" manifested, President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said a few individuals alone cannot be blamed as "our inaction" has created an atmosphere where violence begets violence.
Calling for urgently bringing back sanity into "our midst," the President said time has come to say enough is enough.
"Humanity cannot tolerate this anymore. We must save humanity and civilisation. This cannot be done by Parliament or law enforcement machinery alone. It has to be achieved through a collective effort of society at large," he said addressing an all-faith campaign.
Mukherjee said was high time the country re-set its moral compass. "With every act of violence, we are crucifying Jesus Christ again and again. With each act of violence, we are repeating the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
"A few individuals alone cannot be blamed for the violence in our society. Our general apathy and tolerance of violence is an equal culprit. Our inaction has created an atmosphere where violence begets violence," he said at a function of `All India Ahimsa Parmo Dharma Awareness Campaign` at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron