Enough of biryani for Kasab, hang him: BJP
New Delhi: Reacting to the Supreme Court verdict upholding the death sentence awarded to Ajmal Kasab in the 26/11 attacks case, the BJP on Wednesday demanded that the Pakistani terrorist is executed at the earliest.
Welcoming the verdict, senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that those who wage war against the country and kill innocents deserve no mercy.
In a caustic remark, Naqvi said, “Kasab should be hanged without delay…enough of biryani for him.”
He also demanded that there should be separate law for terror related cases.
Kasab has two options left before him. He can file a review petition in the apex court against today’s verdict or file a mercy plea with the President of India.
If he gets a negative response, then he will be executed by hanging till death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report