`Enrolment in higher education will increase from 12% to 30%`
Ajmer: In next ten years the gross enrolment
ratio in higher education will be 30 per cent as compared to
the present ratio of 12 per cent, Union Minister Kapil Sibal
said on Tuesday.
Addressing the 39th Conference of Council of Boards of
School Education at the MDS University here, the Human
Resources Development minister said around 22 crore students
are studying in schools but out of these only 1.4 crore have
reached universities for higher education. This is only 12 per
cent of those studying in schools.
This is not good sign for developing country, he said,
adding that dropout rate of students in one to ninth standard
is 62 per cent and from tenth to 12th standard is 50 per cent.
In future every board will give vocational degree as well
as secondary and senior secondary school certificate to their
student, Sibal said, adding various boards of secondary
education in the country should change their examination
In 2020 India will become a great power in education
field and every solution of any problem will come out from
India, the minister said.
Speaking at the conference, Rajasthan Chief Minister
Ashok Gehlot said Rajasthan have progressed immensely in the
field of education and Right to Education can fully be
achieved when every citizen gives full cooperation. He also
appeal to teachers that they go to the rural areas to teach.
Addressing the conference, Union minister for
Communication and IT Sachin Pilot said in the IT field Indians
were in great demand.
Rajasthan education minister B L Meghval and state
minister M L Garasiya have also spoke at the conference.
Around 47 representatives of various Boards are
participating in this two days conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why