‘Ensure N-liability regime conforms with CSC’
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton has urged External Affairs Minister S M Krishna to
ensure that India`s nuclear liability regime conforms with the
Convention on Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear damage.
The nuclear liability regime, which has become a sticking
point in the full implementation of the India-US civilian
nuclear deal, figured among one of the major topics of
discussions between Clinton and Krishna, when the two leaders
met last afternoon, a senior Obama administration official
said requesting anonymity.
"The Secretary urged India to ensure that its nuclear
liability regime conforms with the Convention on Supplementary
Compensation for Nuclear Damage," he said on the talks that
lasted 40 minutes.
The two leaders held discussion on a wide range of
bilateral, regional and global issues.
Clinton complimented India on its active participation in
the New Silk Road initiative to strengthen transit and trade
in South and Central Asia.
"The ministers compared notes on the upcoming New Silk
Road conference in Istanbul in early November," the official
He said, "Clinton and Krishna agreed on the importance of
our shared bilateral, regional and global efforts to combat
terrorism, and the establishment of the new Global
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune