Ensure safety of women: PM`s Raksha Bandhan message
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday used the occasion of Rakhi to urge the people to commit themselves to ensuring the safety and security of women in the country.
"The festival of Raksha Bandhan is an occasion to strengthen the bonds of love and affection within our family and in society. It is also an occasion to re-commit ourselves to ensuring the safety and security of women," the Prime Minister said in his message on the festival.
The Prime Minister wished the people a very joyous Raksha Bandhan and happiness and prosperity.
His message for strengthening the safety and security of women comes against the backdrop of incidents such as the Decemeber 16 Delhi gang-rape and other incidents of attacks on women here and across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth