Ensure safety of women: PM`s Raksha Bandhan message
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday used the occasion of Rakhi to urge the people to commit themselves to ensuring the safety and security of women in the country.
"The festival of Raksha Bandhan is an occasion to strengthen the bonds of love and affection within our family and in society. It is also an occasion to re-commit ourselves to ensuring the safety and security of women," the Prime Minister said in his message on the festival.
The Prime Minister wished the people a very joyous Raksha Bandhan and happiness and prosperity.
His message for strengthening the safety and security of women comes against the backdrop of incidents such as the Decemeber 16 Delhi gang-rape and other incidents of attacks on women here and across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!