Ensure safety of women: PM`s Raksha Bandhan message
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday used the occasion of Rakhi to urge the people to commit themselves to ensuring the safety and security of women in the country.
"The festival of Raksha Bandhan is an occasion to strengthen the bonds of love and affection within our family and in society. It is also an occasion to re-commit ourselves to ensuring the safety and security of women," the Prime Minister said in his message on the festival.
The Prime Minister wished the people a very joyous Raksha Bandhan and happiness and prosperity.
His message for strengthening the safety and security of women comes against the backdrop of incidents such as the Decemeber 16 Delhi gang-rape and other incidents of attacks on women here and across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead