Entire govt machinery misused: BJP on Vadra land deals
New Delhi: Upping the ante on Robert Vadra`s controversial land deals in Haryana, BJP on Tuesday termed it as a "serious case of fraud with a nationalised bank".
After a meeting of BJP`s Parliamentary Party, Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad rejected Congress contention that the matter was state related.
"It is not a state subject. This is an issue of a serious bank fraud. It is a case of enrichment through the use of authority by collusion, of a fraudulent bank document and banking documents` manipulation becomes clearly a national subject apart from the larger issue of corruption.”
"How the documents of a nationalised bank were used for land transfer. How the entire government machinery was misused to benefit a person related to an important personality. We will like to raise it and will demand that we are allowed to raise the issue in both Houses and that Government must promise a fair probe," Prasad told reporters.
The BJP leader also said that his party plans to raise the issue of Kishtwar communal riots in Jammu and Kashmir once again in Parliament and has given a notice for it in the Rajya Sabha.
"Arrests have started taking place there only since yesterday. The manner in which the police was sitting idle. There was delay in the deployment of Army, though it is available in Kishtwar itself. Senior leaders of BJP had raised the issue before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh," he said.
Yesterday, the BJP had raised the issue in Lok Sabha.
Prasad also hit out at Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his statement in Rajya Sabha on the Telangana issue, saying, "It makes the confusion worse, confounded."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble