Entire govt machinery misused: BJP on Vadra land deals
New Delhi: Upping the ante on Robert Vadra`s controversial land deals in Haryana, BJP on Tuesday termed it as a "serious case of fraud with a nationalised bank".
After a meeting of BJP`s Parliamentary Party, Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad rejected Congress contention that the matter was state related.
"It is not a state subject. This is an issue of a serious bank fraud. It is a case of enrichment through the use of authority by collusion, of a fraudulent bank document and banking documents` manipulation becomes clearly a national subject apart from the larger issue of corruption.”
"How the documents of a nationalised bank were used for land transfer. How the entire government machinery was misused to benefit a person related to an important personality. We will like to raise it and will demand that we are allowed to raise the issue in both Houses and that Government must promise a fair probe," Prasad told reporters.
The BJP leader also said that his party plans to raise the issue of Kishtwar communal riots in Jammu and Kashmir once again in Parliament and has given a notice for it in the Rajya Sabha.
"Arrests have started taking place there only since yesterday. The manner in which the police was sitting idle. There was delay in the deployment of Army, though it is available in Kishtwar itself. Senior leaders of BJP had raised the issue before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh," he said.
Yesterday, the BJP had raised the issue in Lok Sabha.
Prasad also hit out at Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his statement in Rajya Sabha on the Telangana issue, saying, "It makes the confusion worse, confounded."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Adani's Australia coal mine project faces another legal hurdle
- Youths struck by lightening: Cause of death not ascertained
- Anti-EU campaigner Nigel Farage urges `Brexit government`
- Action will be taken in South Sudan incident: UN peacekeeping chief
- Brexit impact: European markets suffer heavy sell-off; London stocks tank over 8%