Entire govt machinery misused: BJP on Vadra land deals
New Delhi: Upping the ante on Robert Vadra`s controversial land deals in Haryana, BJP on Tuesday termed it as a "serious case of fraud with a nationalised bank".
After a meeting of BJP`s Parliamentary Party, Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad rejected Congress contention that the matter was state related.
"It is not a state subject. This is an issue of a serious bank fraud. It is a case of enrichment through the use of authority by collusion, of a fraudulent bank document and banking documents` manipulation becomes clearly a national subject apart from the larger issue of corruption.”
"How the documents of a nationalised bank were used for land transfer. How the entire government machinery was misused to benefit a person related to an important personality. We will like to raise it and will demand that we are allowed to raise the issue in both Houses and that Government must promise a fair probe," Prasad told reporters.
The BJP leader also said that his party plans to raise the issue of Kishtwar communal riots in Jammu and Kashmir once again in Parliament and has given a notice for it in the Rajya Sabha.
"Arrests have started taking place there only since yesterday. The manner in which the police was sitting idle. There was delay in the deployment of Army, though it is available in Kishtwar itself. Senior leaders of BJP had raised the issue before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh," he said.
Yesterday, the BJP had raised the issue in Lok Sabha.
Prasad also hit out at Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his statement in Rajya Sabha on the Telangana issue, saying, "It makes the confusion worse, confounded."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post