Entire govt machinery misused: BJP on Vadra land deals
New Delhi: Upping the ante on Robert Vadra`s controversial land deals in Haryana, BJP on Tuesday termed it as a "serious case of fraud with a nationalised bank".
After a meeting of BJP`s Parliamentary Party, Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad rejected Congress contention that the matter was state related.
"It is not a state subject. This is an issue of a serious bank fraud. It is a case of enrichment through the use of authority by collusion, of a fraudulent bank document and banking documents` manipulation becomes clearly a national subject apart from the larger issue of corruption.”
"How the documents of a nationalised bank were used for land transfer. How the entire government machinery was misused to benefit a person related to an important personality. We will like to raise it and will demand that we are allowed to raise the issue in both Houses and that Government must promise a fair probe," Prasad told reporters.
The BJP leader also said that his party plans to raise the issue of Kishtwar communal riots in Jammu and Kashmir once again in Parliament and has given a notice for it in the Rajya Sabha.
"Arrests have started taking place there only since yesterday. The manner in which the police was sitting idle. There was delay in the deployment of Army, though it is available in Kishtwar itself. Senior leaders of BJP had raised the issue before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh," he said.
Yesterday, the BJP had raised the issue in Lok Sabha.
Prasad also hit out at Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his statement in Rajya Sabha on the Telangana issue, saying, "It makes the confusion worse, confounded."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon