Environ ministry issues notice to Adarsh society
New Delhi: The Environment Ministry on Friday issued a show cause notice to Mumbai`s scam-tainted Adarsh housing society for removing the unauthorised structure for violating environmental laws.
In the notice, the ministry asked the society to show cause why the 31-floor structure should not be removed forthwith under section five of the Environment (Protection) Act 1986.
The society has been given two weeks time to reply to the notice.
The scam relates to the controversial residential block being built in Mumbai`s upscale Colaba and in the neighbourhood of naval establishments. It was originally meant to be a six-storeyed apartment block for housing Kargil war heroes and widows.
However, it was surreptitiously converted into a plush 31-storeyed building. The society has over 100 members, including former service chiefs, senior serving Army officials, bureaucrats, politicians and their kin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened