Environment Ministry bribe case: Clients of SS Environics under CBI scanner
New Delhi: Companies which were using liasoning services of S S Environics, whose promoters were arrested along with an Environment Ministry official in a bribe case, have come under scanner of CBI which would call their officials soon for questioning, sources said here on Monday.
Achyutananda Sri Chandan and his son Chinmaya Sri Chandan of SS Environics, a Bubaneshwar-based consultancy company, were arrested on January 16 for allegedly giving bribe to an Environment Ministry Deputy Director Neeraj Khatri for clearance of mining project of a steel and power company. Khatri was also taken into custody.
The sources said during questioning of Chandans, they claimed that they were providing services to some other mining firms for arranging environment clearances as well.
The web site of S S Environics lists some big names of mining industry as its clients.
The CBI sources said Chandans were allegedly in touch with Khatri for last five years.
The sources said they suspect that Sri Chandans would have used Khatri`s services for their other clients as well for arranging environment clearances to them.
They said they would first call the company officials for which money was being handed over to Khatri and later other clients of Chandans would also be questioned in connection with the alleged bribery case.
The agency had arrested Khatri when he was allegedly taking the bribe from Chinmaya Sri Chandan outside a posh Mehrauli hotel in South Delhi. Chinmaya was allegedly acting as a middleman on behalf of a steel and mining company whose project was coming up for environmental clearance next day.
During the searches, CBI had recovered over Rs one crore from Khatri`s four properties. The sleuths had found Rs 82.5 lakh stashed in a hidden locker in a Gurgaon flat while another 21.5 lakh was recovered from his Rohtak residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow