Environment Ministry bribe case: Clients of SS Environics under CBI scanner
New Delhi: Companies which were using liasoning services of S S Environics, whose promoters were arrested along with an Environment Ministry official in a bribe case, have come under scanner of CBI which would call their officials soon for questioning, sources said here on Monday.
Achyutananda Sri Chandan and his son Chinmaya Sri Chandan of SS Environics, a Bubaneshwar-based consultancy company, were arrested on January 16 for allegedly giving bribe to an Environment Ministry Deputy Director Neeraj Khatri for clearance of mining project of a steel and power company. Khatri was also taken into custody.
The sources said during questioning of Chandans, they claimed that they were providing services to some other mining firms for arranging environment clearances as well.
The web site of S S Environics lists some big names of mining industry as its clients.
The CBI sources said Chandans were allegedly in touch with Khatri for last five years.
The sources said they suspect that Sri Chandans would have used Khatri`s services for their other clients as well for arranging environment clearances to them.
They said they would first call the company officials for which money was being handed over to Khatri and later other clients of Chandans would also be questioned in connection with the alleged bribery case.
The agency had arrested Khatri when he was allegedly taking the bribe from Chinmaya Sri Chandan outside a posh Mehrauli hotel in South Delhi. Chinmaya was allegedly acting as a middleman on behalf of a steel and mining company whose project was coming up for environmental clearance next day.
During the searches, CBI had recovered over Rs one crore from Khatri`s four properties. The sleuths had found Rs 82.5 lakh stashed in a hidden locker in a Gurgaon flat while another 21.5 lakh was recovered from his Rohtak residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video