Eswaraiah new chief of backward classes panel
New Delhi: Justice Vangala Eswaraiah, former acting chief justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court, has been appointment the chairperson of the National Commission for Backward Classes.
Justice Eswaraiah hails from Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh. He obtained his bachelor`s degree in science from City Science College at Hyderabad and a law degree from Law College of Osmania University, an official release said here Monday.
The commission`s last chairperson was Justice MN Rao, a retired chief justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured