Eswaraiah new chief of backward classes panel
New Delhi: Justice Vangala Eswaraiah, former acting chief justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court, has been appointment the chairperson of the National Commission for Backward Classes.
Justice Eswaraiah hails from Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh. He obtained his bachelor`s degree in science from City Science College at Hyderabad and a law degree from Law College of Osmania University, an official release said here Monday.
The commission`s last chairperson was Justice MN Rao, a retired chief justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday