Eurocopter, Pawan Hans to set up JVs for MRO& Training
Mumbai: Eurocopter, world`s leading
helicopter manufacturer and Pawan Hans Helicopters, the
largest civil helicopter operator in India, today announced
the formation of two joint-ventures (JVs) for Maintenance Re
pair and Overall (MRO) and Training.
The JVs were through the signatures of MoUs and both
will be fully created by the end of 2010, a joint statement
Under the terms of the first joint venture, Eurocopter
and Pawan Hans will set up an MRO facility in a key Indian
metro city to better serve the huge Dauphin fleet being
operated in India.
Through the second Joint venture, Eurocopter will set up
pilot training facilities that will help India meet its need
for pilots. A full-flight simulator for the AS 365 N3 Dauphin
beneficing of a state of the art Eurocopter embedded data
package will be instrumental in the success of this JV.
Speaking on the occasion, Chairman & Managing Director,
Pawan Hans R K Tyagi said, "As the Indian helicopter market
expands, we see tremendous opportunity for Pawan Hans in the
oil & gas, tourism and corporate travel segments. It is a
significant asset to have Eurocopter as a reliable partner
offering the best-in-class products and services to help us
meet our goal of providing the best services to our
Marie-Agnes Veve, Head of Eurocopter activities in India
said, "We have shared a very special relationship with Pawan
Hans for the past 24 years, and are very happy to further
strengthen this association."
"Through these joint ventures we wish to come closer to
the Indian customers and serve them better. We will now be
able to provide even better support, service and fleet safety
solutions to the Indian market. Also, seeing the need for
trained helicopter pilots in India, we look forward to
supporting the country in meeting this need," she aid.
Pawan Hans is the biggest customer of Eurocopter in India
and Eurocopter`s approved Dauphin Maintenance Center. Its
fleet of helicopters is used for transportation of personnel
to offshore platforms, for shuttle flights between drill
barges and for transport of state officials and VIPs. It also
provides charter services for tourists, Tyagi said.
Pawan Hans started operating Dauphin Helicopters in
India in 1986. Since then, Pawan Hans has logged over 326,000
flying hours, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!