Every man has a private life: ND Tiwari
New Delhi: Former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari, who is embroiled in a paternity suit, broke his silence on the issue while talking to a TV channel on Tuesday and said that every man has a private life and it should remain private.
“Every man has a private life and he is entitled to privacy in those matters,” said the veteran Congress leader.
Exuding confidence that he will be exonerated of the charges of having a son out of wedlock, ND Tiwari said that nothing “will come out of the blood test.
“My approach to all the questions has an ethical side,” he further said on the contentious issue.
When pressed further he recited poetry to camouflage his anxiety which went something like, “Waqt aane de bata denge tujhe aye aasman, Hum abhi se kya batayen kya hamare dil mein hai, Dekhna hai zor kitna baazu-e-qaatil mein hai.”
Wanting to salvage his pride ND Tiwari stated that the only thing he wanted was to continue with his good reputation.
However, he dodged any questions related to the mother of Rohit Shekhar, the man who is claiming to be his biological son.
He ended on a philosophical note, “I am a simple Gandhian and will remain so.”
Earlier today, ND Tiwari finally gave his blood sample for DNA profiling as per the orders of the Supreme Court.
The apex court had directed Tiwari last Thursday to submit his blood sample in a paternity suit filed by Rohit Shekhar.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice SJ Mukhopadhyay had directed Tiwari to submit his blood sample today after he refused to follow a Delhi High Court order for giving blood sample.
A five-member laboratory team, including a surgeon of the Dehradun Civil Hospital and a pathologist, the district judge and a joint registrar of the Delhi High Court were present at Tiwari’s residence here when the blood sample was collected.
Petitioner Rohit Shekhar and his mother were also present. Security had been increased at Tiwari`s residence here prior to the blood sample was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!