Every man has a private life: ND Tiwari
New Delhi: Former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari, who is embroiled in a paternity suit, broke his silence on the issue while talking to a TV channel on Tuesday and said that every man has a private life and it should remain private.
“Every man has a private life and he is entitled to privacy in those matters,” said the veteran Congress leader.
Exuding confidence that he will be exonerated of the charges of having a son out of wedlock, ND Tiwari said that nothing “will come out of the blood test.
“My approach to all the questions has an ethical side,” he further said on the contentious issue.
When pressed further he recited poetry to camouflage his anxiety which went something like, “Waqt aane de bata denge tujhe aye aasman, Hum abhi se kya batayen kya hamare dil mein hai, Dekhna hai zor kitna baazu-e-qaatil mein hai.”
Wanting to salvage his pride ND Tiwari stated that the only thing he wanted was to continue with his good reputation.
However, he dodged any questions related to the mother of Rohit Shekhar, the man who is claiming to be his biological son.
He ended on a philosophical note, “I am a simple Gandhian and will remain so.”
Earlier today, ND Tiwari finally gave his blood sample for DNA profiling as per the orders of the Supreme Court.
The apex court had directed Tiwari last Thursday to submit his blood sample in a paternity suit filed by Rohit Shekhar.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice SJ Mukhopadhyay had directed Tiwari to submit his blood sample today after he refused to follow a Delhi High Court order for giving blood sample.
A five-member laboratory team, including a surgeon of the Dehradun Civil Hospital and a pathologist, the district judge and a joint registrar of the Delhi High Court were present at Tiwari’s residence here when the blood sample was collected.
Petitioner Rohit Shekhar and his mother were also present. Security had been increased at Tiwari`s residence here prior to the blood sample was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark