Everybody knows about 42 terror camps in Pak: Antony
Panaji: Everybody knew that there were 42 terrorist camps "across the border", Defence Minister AK Antony said here Friday and declared that it was too early to predict the outcome of the foreign secretary level talks between India and Pakistan next week.
"It is our considered decision to talk to Pakistan. Their foreign secretary is coming. There is nothing wrong to have talks. But it is too early to say about the outcome. I am not an astrologer," Antony said on the sidelines of the induction ceremony of the MiG 29 fighter aircraft in the Indian Navy.
"Everybody knows that there 42 terrorist camps across the border. Attempts at infiltration are on increase. Terrorists are very active and it is our main concern," he added.
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao will meet her Pakistani counterpart Salman Bashir in New Delhi on Feb 25. Talks between the two countries were suspended after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues