Everybody said I was mad: Digvijay on RSS terror
New Delhi: Staunch RSS opponent Digvijay Singh on Monday said that he was pleased that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has revealed that RSS and the BJP were promoting Hindu terror in the country.
The Congress general secretary said that what he has been saying of the past several years has been proved right after country’s home minister agreed to role of the RSS in terror acts.
“I am happy… everybody said I was mad but now I have been proved right,” Digvijay said.
However, he chose not to refer to the RSS terror angle as Hindu terror, he said, “A terrorist is not a Hindu, Muslim or Sikh.”
Digvijay’s support came after the RSS attacked Shinde saying that the home minister has become the darling of ‘real terrorists’ with Jamat-ud-Dawah and Lashkar-e-Toiba congratulating him for his comments.
“Today Jamat ud Dawa etc congratulated Shinde. Now he has become d darling of real terrorists. It is Shinde who is helping our enemies by such statements. Now even LeT welcomed his statement I am told,” RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had alleged that the training camps run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) were promoting Hindu terrorism. He also claimed that the RSS and the BJP were behind the Samjhauta Express, Meccca Masjid and Malegaon blasts.
Shinde said, "Training camps of both the BJP and the RSS are promoting Hindu terrorism. Whether it is Samjhauta blast or Mecca Masjid blast or Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees