Everybody said I was mad: Digvijay on RSS terror
New Delhi: Staunch RSS opponent Digvijay Singh on Monday said that he was pleased that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has revealed that RSS and the BJP were promoting Hindu terror in the country.
The Congress general secretary said that what he has been saying of the past several years has been proved right after country’s home minister agreed to role of the RSS in terror acts.
“I am happy… everybody said I was mad but now I have been proved right,” Digvijay said.
However, he chose not to refer to the RSS terror angle as Hindu terror, he said, “A terrorist is not a Hindu, Muslim or Sikh.”
Digvijay’s support came after the RSS attacked Shinde saying that the home minister has become the darling of ‘real terrorists’ with Jamat-ud-Dawah and Lashkar-e-Toiba congratulating him for his comments.
“Today Jamat ud Dawa etc congratulated Shinde. Now he has become d darling of real terrorists. It is Shinde who is helping our enemies by such statements. Now even LeT welcomed his statement I am told,” RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had alleged that the training camps run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) were promoting Hindu terrorism. He also claimed that the RSS and the BJP were behind the Samjhauta Express, Meccca Masjid and Malegaon blasts.
Shinde said, "Training camps of both the BJP and the RSS are promoting Hindu terrorism. Whether it is Samjhauta blast or Mecca Masjid blast or Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25