‘Everyone in Cong wants Rahul to play bigger role’
Nagpur: Union Minister and Congress leader
Salman Khurshid on Saturday said everyone in the party is keen that
Rahul Gandhi plays a bigger role, but sidestepped questions
about his Cabinet colleague Pranab Mukherjee`s observation
that the Amethi MP is going to be a "new leader" of Congress.
Asked about Mukherjee`s remarks on Rahul a few days ago,
Khurshid told reporters that the Finance Minister was a senior
member of the government and also a member of Congress core
"Many things happen at the level of core group of which I
am not a member," he said.
Khurshid maintained that Rahul should be asked for his
views on the leadership matter.
Everyone in the Congress wants the 42-year-old AICC
General Secretary to play a bigger role, Khurshid said
Khurshid was here for inauguration of Haj House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail