‘Everyone in Cong wants Rahul to play bigger role’
Nagpur: Union Minister and Congress leader
Salman Khurshid on Saturday said everyone in the party is keen that
Rahul Gandhi plays a bigger role, but sidestepped questions
about his Cabinet colleague Pranab Mukherjee`s observation
that the Amethi MP is going to be a "new leader" of Congress.
Asked about Mukherjee`s remarks on Rahul a few days ago,
Khurshid told reporters that the Finance Minister was a senior
member of the government and also a member of Congress core
"Many things happen at the level of core group of which I
am not a member," he said.
Khurshid maintained that Rahul should be asked for his
views on the leadership matter.
Everyone in the Congress wants the 42-year-old AICC
General Secretary to play a bigger role, Khurshid said
Khurshid was here for inauguration of Haj House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug