‘Everyone in Cong wants Rahul to play bigger role’
Nagpur: Union Minister and Congress leader
Salman Khurshid on Saturday said everyone in the party is keen that
Rahul Gandhi plays a bigger role, but sidestepped questions
about his Cabinet colleague Pranab Mukherjee`s observation
that the Amethi MP is going to be a "new leader" of Congress.
Asked about Mukherjee`s remarks on Rahul a few days ago,
Khurshid told reporters that the Finance Minister was a senior
member of the government and also a member of Congress core
"Many things happen at the level of core group of which I
am not a member," he said.
Khurshid maintained that Rahul should be asked for his
views on the leadership matter.
Everyone in the Congress wants the 42-year-old AICC
General Secretary to play a bigger role, Khurshid said
Khurshid was here for inauguration of Haj House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30