‘Everyone in Cong wants Rahul to play bigger role’
Nagpur: Union Minister and Congress leader
Salman Khurshid on Saturday said everyone in the party is keen that
Rahul Gandhi plays a bigger role, but sidestepped questions
about his Cabinet colleague Pranab Mukherjee`s observation
that the Amethi MP is going to be a "new leader" of Congress.
Asked about Mukherjee`s remarks on Rahul a few days ago,
Khurshid told reporters that the Finance Minister was a senior
member of the government and also a member of Congress core
"Many things happen at the level of core group of which I
am not a member," he said.
Khurshid maintained that Rahul should be asked for his
views on the leadership matter.
Everyone in the Congress wants the 42-year-old AICC
General Secretary to play a bigger role, Khurshid said
Khurshid was here for inauguration of Haj House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29