Evidence presented before court in Ruchika case
Chandigarh: Former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore`s
counsels today presented their evidence in a local court which
has begun hearing on a day-to-day basis his plea challenging
his conviction in Ruchika molestation case and petitions of
the CBI and the victim`s family seeking enhancement of his
six-month prison term.
"Rathore`s lawyer wife Abha and her partner counsel
presented their evidence in the court," Ruchika`s family
lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj told reporters outside the court after
day-long in-camera proceedings held before Additional District
and Sessions Judge (ADSJ) Gurbir Singh.
68-year-old Rathore, his wife and another counsel N D
Sharma were present during the proceedings at the court which
has been declared out of bounds for the media.
"After the process of presentation of Rathore`s evidence
is over, we will be presenting our facts," Bhardwaj said.
The ADSJ during its hearing in the case on April 16 had
directed that the three petitions filed by Rathore, CBI and
Ruchika`s family and friends will be heared on a day-to-day
basis from May three to May eight without adjournments.
The former DGP was sentenced to six-month imprisonment
on December 21 last year by CBI Judge J S Sidhu who had held
him guilty of molesting a budding tennis player Ruchika
Girhotra, 14, at Panchkula near here in Haryana on August 12,
1990 who later committed suicide.
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives