Evidence presented before court in Ruchika case
Chandigarh: Former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore`s
counsels today presented their evidence in a local court which
has begun hearing on a day-to-day basis his plea challenging
his conviction in Ruchika molestation case and petitions of
the CBI and the victim`s family seeking enhancement of his
six-month prison term.
"Rathore`s lawyer wife Abha and her partner counsel
presented their evidence in the court," Ruchika`s family
lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj told reporters outside the court after
day-long in-camera proceedings held before Additional District
and Sessions Judge (ADSJ) Gurbir Singh.
68-year-old Rathore, his wife and another counsel N D
Sharma were present during the proceedings at the court which
has been declared out of bounds for the media.
"After the process of presentation of Rathore`s evidence
is over, we will be presenting our facts," Bhardwaj said.
The ADSJ during its hearing in the case on April 16 had
directed that the three petitions filed by Rathore, CBI and
Ruchika`s family and friends will be heared on a day-to-day
basis from May three to May eight without adjournments.
The former DGP was sentenced to six-month imprisonment
on December 21 last year by CBI Judge J S Sidhu who had held
him guilty of molesting a budding tennis player Ruchika
Girhotra, 14, at Panchkula near here in Haryana on August 12,
1990 who later committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama