Ex-BJP MP `halts` train at unscheduled stop, Rlys orders probe
Jaipur: Former BJP MP Vijay Goel allegedly
got the Delhi-Ajmer Shatabdi Express stopped in Rajasthan`s
Dausa district, prompting the Railways to order a probe as to
how the train made an unscheduled halt there.
Vijay Goel got down from the train yesterday at Bandikui
station in Dausa district, which is not a schedule stop of the
train, where BJP workers received him, Railway officials
Following the incident, the Railways ordered a probe.
"A two-member committee comprising Assistant Operations
Manager and Assistant Mechanical Manager has been formed to
inquire into the stoppage of the train for three minutes at
Bandikui station," North-Western railway PRO chief Lalit Bohra
Reservation chart of the train will also be checked to
make sure whether the former MP was travelling on a ticket or
not, he said, adding that the committee will submit its report
Bandikui, located near pilgrimage centre Menhandipur
Balaji, does not have schedule stop of Shatabdi Express, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study