Ex-BJP MP `halts` train at unscheduled stop, Rlys orders probe
Jaipur: Former BJP MP Vijay Goel allegedly
got the Delhi-Ajmer Shatabdi Express stopped in Rajasthan`s
Dausa district, prompting the Railways to order a probe as to
how the train made an unscheduled halt there.
Vijay Goel got down from the train yesterday at Bandikui
station in Dausa district, which is not a schedule stop of the
train, where BJP workers received him, Railway officials
Following the incident, the Railways ordered a probe.
"A two-member committee comprising Assistant Operations
Manager and Assistant Mechanical Manager has been formed to
inquire into the stoppage of the train for three minutes at
Bandikui station," North-Western railway PRO chief Lalit Bohra
Reservation chart of the train will also be checked to
make sure whether the former MP was travelling on a ticket or
not, he said, adding that the committee will submit its report
Bandikui, located near pilgrimage centre Menhandipur
Balaji, does not have schedule stop of Shatabdi Express, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!