Ex-British govt employee to be AgustaWestland India head
New Delhi: AgustaWestland, which is surrounded by controversies over the VVIP chopper deal, is appointing a former British Government employee Jackie Callicut as its India head, a post which was vacant for over a year.
Callicut has also served in India in her capacity as a British Government employee and has also dealt with Defence Ministry operations in her country, officials said today.
The affairs of AgustaWestland in India were earlier being looked after by Paulo Girasole who left India last year. The controversial deal for supplying 12 AW-101 helicopters to the IAF were signed during his tenure as head of Finmeccanica, which is the owner of the Anglo-Italian AgustaWestland.
AgustaWestland is facing a CBI probe after the arrest of its former CEOs Guiseppe Orsi and Bruno Spagnolini in connection with payment of kickbacks to the tune of Rs 362 crore in the VVIP chopper deal.
CBI has named the former CEOs of the company in its FIR in the case along with former IAF Chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins.
The Defence Ministry has already issued a show cause notice to the company asking it as to why the deal should not be cancelled in view of the charges against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog