‘Ex-CJI Ahmadi should be considered for Prez post’
Hyderabad: Former Chief Justice of India A M Ahmadi`s name should be considered for the post of next President in view of his suitability, a city-based people`s organisation said on Friday.
"Justice A M Ahmadi is a well-known legal luminary and man of high integrity, non-controversial, with impeccable and secular credentials.
"If he is elected as the President of India, we believe that he would discharge his duties impartially and to the satisfaction of all concerned," NRI`s Club International said in a representation to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The organisation comprises several retired Judges and and other prominent persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!