‘Ex-CJI Ahmadi should be considered for Prez post’
Hyderabad: Former Chief Justice of India A M Ahmadi`s name should be considered for the post of next President in view of his suitability, a city-based people`s organisation said on Friday.
"Justice A M Ahmadi is a well-known legal luminary and man of high integrity, non-controversial, with impeccable and secular credentials.
"If he is elected as the President of India, we believe that he would discharge his duties impartially and to the satisfaction of all concerned," NRI`s Club International said in a representation to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The organisation comprises several retired Judges and and other prominent persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city