‘Ex-CJI Ahmadi should be considered for Prez post’
Hyderabad: Former Chief Justice of India A M Ahmadi`s name should be considered for the post of next President in view of his suitability, a city-based people`s organisation said on Friday.
"Justice A M Ahmadi is a well-known legal luminary and man of high integrity, non-controversial, with impeccable and secular credentials.
"If he is elected as the President of India, we believe that he would discharge his duties impartially and to the satisfaction of all concerned," NRI`s Club International said in a representation to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The organisation comprises several retired Judges and and other prominent persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you