‘Ex-CJI Ahmadi should be considered for Prez post’
Hyderabad: Former Chief Justice of India A M Ahmadi`s name should be considered for the post of next President in view of his suitability, a city-based people`s organisation said on Friday.
"Justice A M Ahmadi is a well-known legal luminary and man of high integrity, non-controversial, with impeccable and secular credentials.
"If he is elected as the President of India, we believe that he would discharge his duties impartially and to the satisfaction of all concerned," NRI`s Club International said in a representation to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The organisation comprises several retired Judges and and other prominent persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas