Ex-CJI`s kin possess black money: I-T dept
Kochi: In further embarrassment for former
CJI Justice KG Balakrishnan, the Income Tax investigation
into allegations of amassment of wealth against three of his
relatives, have found black money in their possession.
`As far as Justice Balakrishnan is concerned, I cannot say
anything. But as far as his relatives-- two sons-in-law and
brother are concerned, we have found there is black money`,
Director General of Income Tax (Investigation), ET Lukose,
told reporters here.
Justice Balakrishnan`s two sons in law adovocate PV
Sreenijan, advocate Benny and brother KG Bhaskaran, former
Special Government Pleader have been found to be having black
money, he said.
`We are investigating how they have got the black money. We will again question the relatives`, he said.
The official refused to state the quantum of black money
with the 3 relatives of justice balakrishnan.
Lukose refused to say whether Justice Balakrishnan will be
questioned or not. `I cannot say anything now`, he said.
The period of investigation is the last 5 years, he said.
Lukose said the probe was in the final stages and was
likekly be completed by next month.
The central government has not so far asked us the IT
investigation wing for any report, he said.
The Investigation wing had at first conducted a `prelimnary
enquiry` into the allegations of amassment of wealth against
the relatives of justice Balakrishnan.
After the allegations broke out, Bhaskaran, a
special government pleader of the Kerala high court, had
Media reports had alleged that his relatives had amassed
properties worth several crores in the past few years mainly
in posh localities in various places in Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe