Ex-Goa, Maharashtra governor Mohmammed Fazal dead
Mumbai: Economist and former governor of Goa and Maharashtra, Mohammed Fazal, died at his native place Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh early Thursday, official sources said. He was 93.
He breathed his last around 1.30 am.
Fazal was appointed the governor of Goa in 1999 and held the post till he was elevated as Maharashtra governor, a post he held between October 2002 - December 2004.
Born in an affluent family of landlords, Fazal graduated from the Allahabad University and later pursued his higher studies at the London School of Economics.
In 1977, he was appointed secretary of the industrial development department and later was the senior-most member of the Planning Commission 1980-85.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!