Ex-ISRO chief refused info under RTI query on his blacklisting

Last Updated: Thursday, March 1, 2012 - 00:49

Bangalore: Former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair said the Department of Space (DoS) has refused to reveal the reasons, sought by him under an RTI query, for
blacklisting him and three other space scientists over the
controversial Antrix-Devas deal.

Citing some sections, the DoS had refused to provide the
answers to his questions filed under the RTI Act a month ago,
Nair said adding that he would move the appellate authority.

"Virtually I can say I got a blank paper. Nothing
contents in that," he told PTI here on the reply he got from
the DoS.

"It`s a shame to the RTI Act. Open issue like
this...people keep on telling that under Section 80 or
something like that, we (DoS) cannot reveal the data," an
anguished Nair said.

He filed the RTI application after being blacklisted from
any government assignment as action was taken against him and
three other scientists based on the reports of two government-
appointed committees that probed the deal.

"I wanted to know what are the specific recommendations
based on which action was taken and file notings on that. All
those things are blank," Nair said. "Just sending the terms of
reference of the two committees, what`s the use?"

In the blacklisting order, he noted no reasons had been
cited for such action, and he wanted to know the factors taken
into account and the reasons.

PTI



First Published: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 21:19

comments powered by Disqus