Ex-Karnataka PCC member serves legal notice on Narendra Modi
Bangalore: A local Congress leader has served a legal notice to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi asking him to apologise and withdraw his remarks calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh a "night watchman" of Gandhi family.
"... Modi should do it (apologise or withdraw remarks) within three days of receipt of the notice... Failing which I will file a private complaint against him before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate here for offence of defamation," K K Benson, a former Pradesh Congress member, said.
In the legal notice released to the media here, Benson said by calling Singh night watchman, Modi has "insulted, degraded and defamed" in public the image and good reputation of prime minister`s post.
Without naming Manmohan Singh, Modi on March 3 had said the Congress appointed a "night watchman" to keep the seat warm for the first family of the Congress. "They did not realise that the night will be so long and dark. As a buffer, they appointed an economist to the post," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!