Ex-Lt Gen in row over unauthorised entry into secret Army unit
New Delhi: Lt Gen Tejinder Singh, who is at loggerheads with former Army Chief Gen VK Singh, has landed in a fresh controversy for allegedly entering unauthorisedly into a secret military intelligence unit under scanner for tapping phones.
The alleged incident took place last week when Tejinder Singh was apparently seen with a reporter of an English daily inside the Technical Support Division (TSD) unit in Naraina in South Delhi, sources said today.
The Military Intelligence is looking into the matter, they said.
When contacted, Tejinder Singh denied it, saying he doesn`t even know the location of the unit. "It is wrong to say that I was seen or caught or questioned by anyone for entering the unit. I don`t even know where the unit is located as it was raised only after I retired from the Army," he said over phone.
The unit, raised during the tenure of VK Singh, is in the process of being disbanded as it was accused of tapping phones of senior Defence Ministry officials during the height of date of birth controversy of VK Singh.
Tejinder Singh and VK Singh were engaged in a stand-off few months back. VK Singh had accused Tejinder Singh of offering him bribe for clearing the procurement of around 600 Tatra trucks. The CBI is probing the charges.
Tejinder has also filed a case against the former Army Chief for issuing a allegedly defamatory press release against him on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says