Ex-Lt Gen in row over unauthorised entry into secret Army unit
New Delhi: Lt Gen Tejinder Singh, who is at loggerheads with former Army Chief Gen VK Singh, has landed in a fresh controversy for allegedly entering unauthorisedly into a secret military intelligence unit under scanner for tapping phones.
The alleged incident took place last week when Tejinder Singh was apparently seen with a reporter of an English daily inside the Technical Support Division (TSD) unit in Naraina in South Delhi, sources said today.
The Military Intelligence is looking into the matter, they said.
When contacted, Tejinder Singh denied it, saying he doesn`t even know the location of the unit. "It is wrong to say that I was seen or caught or questioned by anyone for entering the unit. I don`t even know where the unit is located as it was raised only after I retired from the Army," he said over phone.
The unit, raised during the tenure of VK Singh, is in the process of being disbanded as it was accused of tapping phones of senior Defence Ministry officials during the height of date of birth controversy of VK Singh.
Tejinder Singh and VK Singh were engaged in a stand-off few months back. VK Singh had accused Tejinder Singh of offering him bribe for clearing the procurement of around 600 Tatra trucks. The CBI is probing the charges.
Tejinder has also filed a case against the former Army Chief for issuing a allegedly defamatory press release against him on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal