Ex-NCW member claims Vyas hampered Arushi probe
New Delhi: A former member of National
Commission for Women (NCW) on Wednesday alleged that Chairperson
Girija Vyas "hampered" the probe into the sensational Aarushi
murder case, a claim denied by the latter.
Nirmala Venkitesh, the former member, alleged that Vyas
"hampered the investigation of Aarushi murder case".
"By circumstantial evidences, we found that there was
some foul play. No action has been taken...we would have
helped police in many ways," she claimed.
NCW Legal Advisor Sweety Sood said her duty was to
prepare the report and give it to Venkitesh. "Venkitesh was to
forward it to Vyas and whether she had done that or not, I
Vyas denied the allegations, saying "why should I stop?
Can anybody believe that Girija Vyas can stop this?" She said
there should be an inquiry into the Aarushi case.
She also said she had called several meetings on several
issues but one could not allege that she convened these
meetings to "hamper" the NCW probe into Aarushi case.
Vyas also asked why the member did not raise the issue
then "if their conscience was clear".
"They should have written in the report that somebody has
stopped them and that`s why they stopped," Vyas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray