Ex-NCW member claims Vyas hampered Arushi probe
New Delhi: A former member of National
Commission for Women (NCW) on Wednesday alleged that Chairperson
Girija Vyas "hampered" the probe into the sensational Aarushi
murder case, a claim denied by the latter.
Nirmala Venkitesh, the former member, alleged that Vyas
"hampered the investigation of Aarushi murder case".
"By circumstantial evidences, we found that there was
some foul play. No action has been taken...we would have
helped police in many ways," she claimed.
NCW Legal Advisor Sweety Sood said her duty was to
prepare the report and give it to Venkitesh. "Venkitesh was to
forward it to Vyas and whether she had done that or not, I
Vyas denied the allegations, saying "why should I stop?
Can anybody believe that Girija Vyas can stop this?" She said
there should be an inquiry into the Aarushi case.
She also said she had called several meetings on several
issues but one could not allege that she convened these
meetings to "hamper" the NCW probe into Aarushi case.
Vyas also asked why the member did not raise the issue
then "if their conscience was clear".
"They should have written in the report that somebody has
stopped them and that`s why they stopped," Vyas said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India