Ex-NCW member claims Vyas hampered Arushi probe
New Delhi: A former member of National
Commission for Women (NCW) on Wednesday alleged that Chairperson
Girija Vyas "hampered" the probe into the sensational Aarushi
murder case, a claim denied by the latter.
Nirmala Venkitesh, the former member, alleged that Vyas
"hampered the investigation of Aarushi murder case".
"By circumstantial evidences, we found that there was
some foul play. No action has been taken...we would have
helped police in many ways," she claimed.
NCW Legal Advisor Sweety Sood said her duty was to
prepare the report and give it to Venkitesh. "Venkitesh was to
forward it to Vyas and whether she had done that or not, I
Vyas denied the allegations, saying "why should I stop?
Can anybody believe that Girija Vyas can stop this?" She said
there should be an inquiry into the Aarushi case.
She also said she had called several meetings on several
issues but one could not allege that she convened these
meetings to "hamper" the NCW probe into Aarushi case.
Vyas also asked why the member did not raise the issue
then "if their conscience was clear".
"They should have written in the report that somebody has
stopped them and that`s why they stopped," Vyas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena