Ex-officials want MPs, MLAs facing criminal charges to quit
A group of retired military personnel and civil servants, including Admiral L Ramdas and Gen V K Singh, has demanded the resignation of all MPs and MLAs facing criminal charges, especially that of rape and murder.
The letter also questioned the appointment of Neeraj Kumar as Delhi Police Commissioner and demanded that he be sacked.
Besides Ramdas and Singh, other signatories included former CBI director C V Narasimhan (IPS), M G Devasahayam, B S Raghavan, S P Ambrose, M R Sivaraman, Arun Kumar, M Raman and Rajivan Kirshnaswamy (all IAS).
The others who signed the letter are Lt Gen Prakash Katoch, Maj Gen A K Verma, Brigadier V Mahalingam, Col Karan Kharb and Col K Maliappan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai