Ex-officials want MPs, MLAs facing criminal charges to quit
A group of retired military personnel and civil servants, including Admiral L Ramdas and Gen V K Singh, has demanded the resignation of all MPs and MLAs facing criminal charges, especially that of rape and murder.
The letter also questioned the appointment of Neeraj Kumar as Delhi Police Commissioner and demanded that he be sacked.
Besides Ramdas and Singh, other signatories included former CBI director C V Narasimhan (IPS), M G Devasahayam, B S Raghavan, S P Ambrose, M R Sivaraman, Arun Kumar, M Raman and Rajivan Kirshnaswamy (all IAS).
The others who signed the letter are Lt Gen Prakash Katoch, Maj Gen A K Verma, Brigadier V Mahalingam, Col Karan Kharb and Col K Maliappan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days