Ex-officials want MPs, MLAs facing criminal charges to quit
A group of retired military personnel and civil servants, including Admiral L Ramdas and Gen V K Singh, has demanded the resignation of all MPs and MLAs facing criminal charges, especially that of rape and murder.
The letter also questioned the appointment of Neeraj Kumar as Delhi Police Commissioner and demanded that he be sacked.
Besides Ramdas and Singh, other signatories included former CBI director C V Narasimhan (IPS), M G Devasahayam, B S Raghavan, S P Ambrose, M R Sivaraman, Arun Kumar, M Raman and Rajivan Kirshnaswamy (all IAS).
The others who signed the letter are Lt Gen Prakash Katoch, Maj Gen A K Verma, Brigadier V Mahalingam, Col Karan Kharb and Col K Maliappan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir