Ex-officials want MPs, MLAs facing criminal charges to quit
A group of retired military personnel and civil servants, including Admiral L Ramdas and Gen V K Singh, has demanded the resignation of all MPs and MLAs facing criminal charges, especially that of rape and murder.
The letter also questioned the appointment of Neeraj Kumar as Delhi Police Commissioner and demanded that he be sacked.
Besides Ramdas and Singh, other signatories included former CBI director C V Narasimhan (IPS), M G Devasahayam, B S Raghavan, S P Ambrose, M R Sivaraman, Arun Kumar, M Raman and Rajivan Kirshnaswamy (all IAS).
The others who signed the letter are Lt Gen Prakash Katoch, Maj Gen A K Verma, Brigadier V Mahalingam, Col Karan Kharb and Col K Maliappan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised