Ex RSS spokesman suggests legal action against Sudarshan
Nagpur: Former RSS spokesman MG alias
Baburao Vaidya on Saturday said UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should
file a defamation suit against former RSS chief K S Sudarshan
for making derogatory remarks against her.
"Sonia Gandhi should not take the derogatory remarks
against her lightly but initiate legal action, be it criminal
defamation or civil defamation," Vaidya told agency.
Since the charges of serious nature are not against
Congress party or the UPA government but against the
individual (Gandhi), she should knock the doors of a court of
law, Vaidya said.
"The allegations are of serious nature since Sudarshan
accused her of being an agent of US intelligence agency CIA.
If Gandhi does not go to court, the charges will remain on
record and will not be wiped out. Let the court decide about
the allegations," Vaidya, also a former editor of a local
Marathi daily, said.
On Sudarshan`s comments on the birth circumstances of
Sonia Gandhi, Vaidya said they were uncalled for. He said
street demonstrations and burning Sudarshan`s effigies will
not do but the best option is dragging him to court.
"Sudarshan`s statement is not justifiable and therefore
the RSS leadership has apologised and distanced itself from
the comments," Vaidya said.
He said Sudarshan`s statements have diluted the
nation-wide demonstrations and sit-in agitations by RSS
against Congress to protest the party`s attempts of maligning
the Hindu right-wing organisation`s image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof