Ex RSS spokesman suggests legal action against Sudarshan
Nagpur: Former RSS spokesman MG alias
Baburao Vaidya on Saturday said UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should
file a defamation suit against former RSS chief K S Sudarshan
for making derogatory remarks against her.
"Sonia Gandhi should not take the derogatory remarks
against her lightly but initiate legal action, be it criminal
defamation or civil defamation," Vaidya told agency.
Since the charges of serious nature are not against
Congress party or the UPA government but against the
individual (Gandhi), she should knock the doors of a court of
law, Vaidya said.
"The allegations are of serious nature since Sudarshan
accused her of being an agent of US intelligence agency CIA.
If Gandhi does not go to court, the charges will remain on
record and will not be wiped out. Let the court decide about
the allegations," Vaidya, also a former editor of a local
Marathi daily, said.
On Sudarshan`s comments on the birth circumstances of
Sonia Gandhi, Vaidya said they were uncalled for. He said
street demonstrations and burning Sudarshan`s effigies will
not do but the best option is dragging him to court.
"Sudarshan`s statement is not justifiable and therefore
the RSS leadership has apologised and distanced itself from
the comments," Vaidya said.
He said Sudarshan`s statements have diluted the
nation-wide demonstrations and sit-in agitations by RSS
against Congress to protest the party`s attempts of maligning
the Hindu right-wing organisation`s image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know