Ex-servicemen`s medical bills to be processed online
Kochi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday inaugurated the online processing of medical bills under the Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) here.
The ECHS is an initiative through which veterans are offered the best and latest medical care available in the country through 28 regional centres and polyclinics.
The online bill processing system would speed up the reimbursement of money incurred by empanelled private hospitals for medical care provided to veterans.
The medical bills incurred at the civil empanelled hospitals were till now processed manually, resulting in significant delay. The scheme is popular and its overwhelming usage had also contributed to bottlenecks in reimbursement of bills.
"The welfare of the veterans who have given the best years of their life for the nation is the uppermost priority for us," Antony said, while launching the online process.
The online bill processing system is implemented by UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited, a company owned by the government of India.
Kerala currently has close to half a million ex-servicemen who can avail the ECHS facility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!