Ex-Union Minister seeks extension of stay in official bungalow
New Delhi: Former Union Minister Sukhdev
Singh Dhindsa has approached the Delhi High Court seeking
extension of his stay in the official bungalow citing health
Dhindsa has been served with a notice by the Estate
officer to vacate the premises at 12 Pandit Pant Marg after he
lost Sangrur Lok Sabha seat in Punjab in May this year.
Challenging the show-cause notice, Dhindsa filed a
petition before a vacation Bench of Justice Mukta Gupta saying
he is 72 year-old and has been suffering from various ailments
due to old age.
He said he is suffering from heart ailment and
undergoing treatment in Indraprastha Apollo hospital. Doctors
advised him to undergo coronary angiography which is to be
done early next year, the former Parliamentarian added.
The former Urban Development Minister also cited that
his nephew`s marriage is fixed for March 14, 2010, and the
invitation cards have already been distributed.
It would be difficult to shift the venue at this
stage, he said and sought quashing of the notice issued by the
Justice Mukta Gupta fixed January 6 to decide the
issue and directed the petitioner to file medical documents to
substantiate his claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city