Ex-Union Minister seeks extension of stay in official bungalow
New Delhi: Former Union Minister Sukhdev
Singh Dhindsa has approached the Delhi High Court seeking
extension of his stay in the official bungalow citing health
Dhindsa has been served with a notice by the Estate
officer to vacate the premises at 12 Pandit Pant Marg after he
lost Sangrur Lok Sabha seat in Punjab in May this year.
Challenging the show-cause notice, Dhindsa filed a
petition before a vacation Bench of Justice Mukta Gupta saying
he is 72 year-old and has been suffering from various ailments
due to old age.
He said he is suffering from heart ailment and
undergoing treatment in Indraprastha Apollo hospital. Doctors
advised him to undergo coronary angiography which is to be
done early next year, the former Parliamentarian added.
The former Urban Development Minister also cited that
his nephew`s marriage is fixed for March 14, 2010, and the
invitation cards have already been distributed.
It would be difficult to shift the venue at this
stage, he said and sought quashing of the notice issued by the
Justice Mukta Gupta fixed January 6 to decide the
issue and directed the petitioner to file medical documents to
substantiate his claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI