Ex-UP governor Satyanarayana Reddy passes away
Hyderabad: Freedom fighter and former governor of Uttar Pradesh B Satyanarayana Reddy died in a private hospital here on Saturday morning.
He was 86.
The veteran politician had been suffering from a lung disease for some time now and was admitted to a private hospital here a few days ago.
Hailing from Shadnagar in Mahbubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, Reddy took part in the Quit India Movement in 1942 and faced arrest.
In 1978 he was elected to Rajya Sabha on behalf of Janata Party and for a second term in 1984 as Telugu Desam Party nominee.
Reddy began his political career as a member of Socialist Party and was later associated with Janata Party, Lok Dal and TDP.
He served as governor of Uttar Pradesh between 1990 and 1993 and later held the same post in Odisha from 1993 to 1995.
Reddy also held additional charge as governor of West Bengal for a brief period in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!