Ex-UP governor Satyanarayana Reddy passes away
Hyderabad: Freedom fighter and former governor of Uttar Pradesh B Satyanarayana Reddy died in a private hospital here on Saturday morning.
He was 86.
The veteran politician had been suffering from a lung disease for some time now and was admitted to a private hospital here a few days ago.
Hailing from Shadnagar in Mahbubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, Reddy took part in the Quit India Movement in 1942 and faced arrest.
In 1978 he was elected to Rajya Sabha on behalf of Janata Party and for a second term in 1984 as Telugu Desam Party nominee.
Reddy began his political career as a member of Socialist Party and was later associated with Janata Party, Lok Dal and TDP.
He served as governor of Uttar Pradesh between 1990 and 1993 and later held the same post in Odisha from 1993 to 1995.
Reddy also held additional charge as governor of West Bengal for a brief period in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie