Exam results not ultimate in life, Kalam tells students
New Delhi: Ever a teacher, former President APJ Abdul Kalam has advised students appearing in various
examinations not to get disheartened by results as these are
not the ultimate in life.
Taking students down the memory lane, he said in an open
letter, "I wrote five important exams in my educational period
- ESLC (8th Class), SSLC (10th Class), Intermediate (12th
Class), BSc and DMIT (aeronautical engineering). Most of the
time, the outcome was not as per my expectations. I had to
even lose one year due to a general paper leakage."
Addressing the students, a community dear to his heart, as
"dear young friends", he said, "I am saying all this to you to
bring in your mind that exams and exam results are not
ultimate in life. If I don`t perform properly for the first
time, I re-write and succeed."
He said, "Success always brings happiness, but sometime we
have to be prepared to go through some setback in examination
due to many reasons. Dear young friends, I would like you to
remember my teacher`s advice -- in life, we have to be
prepared to go through certain unexpected problems. The
problem should not become our captain. Students like you
should become the captain of the problem, defeat the problem
He said the courage to succeed and face unexpected
problems are unique qualities of the youth.
"If God is with us, who can be against? You will
definitely succeed, go on trying. Do not get disheartened by
temporary setbacks," Kalam said.
He ended his letter with a poem, "When you wish upon a
star, Makes no difference who you are, Anything your heart
desires, Will ultimately come to you."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam