Examining issue of blacklisting AgustaWestland: Antony
New Delhi: After scrapping AgustaWestland`s Rs 3,600 crore deal for supplying VVIP choppers, the Defence Ministry on Monday said it will take a decision on the issue of blacklisting the firm after consultations with the Law Ministry and CBI.
"We are examining the whole thing and we will take a decision after detailed examination and in consultation with the Law Ministry and CBI. I don`t want to take any hasty action that will cause problems to us....There is no understanding between the government and the company," Defence Minister A K Antony said on the sidelines of an NCC function here.
He was replying to a question on reports that the Anglo-Italian firm and the government have reached an understanding and the former would not be blacklisted.
The Defence Minister said the government is focusing on encashing its bank guarantees in Italy and India.
"In the Indian bank, we have encashed it. In the Italian bank, we are trying to get our money. There (in Italy) they have disputed but immediately we are trying to fight case and we are taking other actions to protect our interests," he said.
The Defence Ministry cancelled its contract with AgustaWestland on January 1 after it found that there was alleged breach of the pre-contract integrity pact. AgustaWestland has denied any wrongdoing on its part in the case relating to alleged kickbacks in the deal.
After scrapping the deal, India encashed a guarantee of over Rs 250 crore deposited by AgustaWestland in a bank in Delhi even as it is preparing to file an appeal against an Italian court`s stay on its move to encash another guarantee in an Italian bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price