Excess of 17% rain since onset of monsoon
New Delhi: The country has received an excess of 17 per cent rainfall since the onset of the monsoon this year thanks to a good amount of precipitation.
As of today, 19 sub-divisions have recorded excess rains as against 10 sub-divisions which registered normal rainfall. Only seven sub-divisions have received deficient rainfall.
According to the met department, summer monsoon has been evenly distributed across the country though the northeastern states, Bihar, Jharkhand, Haryana and gangetic West Bengal have received deficient rainfall.
The vast swathe of central and north India including east Uttar Pradesh, Marathwada, Vidarbha and southern parts such as Telengana, Kerala, south interior Karnataka have received excess rainfall activity.
Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Tamil Nadu, Rayalaseema, West Rajasthan, Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir are the other areas which have received normal rainfall, the met department said.
During the past 24 hours, places such as Midnapore, Guna, Mahabaleshwar, Haldia, Kolkata, Kota, Mamoh, Jhalawar, Ahmedabad, Sagar, Gandhinagar are some of the places which have received rainfall in excess of 4 cm.
The axis of monsoon?trough currently passes through Amritsar, Meerut (Centre of a low pressure area which currently persists over central Uttar Pradesh and adjoining Madhya Pradesh) Daltonganj, Jamshedpur, Haldia.
The forecast for the next three days suggest that heavy to very heavy rainfall would occur at several places across the country including in Uttarakhand where fresh rain-related incident has claimed three lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes